Speech and Drama Syllabus 2020
Section closed for online entries
Section dates to be confirmed
Section location to be confirmed
To enter using a paper entry form please contact section secretary
All Enquiries to Section Secretary:
Samantha Cooper Davidson
Your Section Secretary can help you with any queries regarding your entry. To contact them please use the button below.
- All performances must be by heart, except for Reading from Religious Texts, Narrative Reading and Reading for Adults.
- Each competitor in any Own Choice class should provide a printed or handwritten copy, for the Adjudicator BEFORE 1 FEBRUARY. Failure to do this may incur disqualification.
- Godalming Festival, through the British and International Federation of Festivals, has entered into an agreement with the Author’s Licensing & Collecting Society. This means that entrants do not have to seek copyright permission
- for any poetry, prose or solo dramatic items performed, to a time limit of 10 minutes.
- ALL TITLES, AUTHORS & PUBLISHERS of Own Choice items should be submitted to the Secretary BEFORE 1 FEBRUARY.
- Entries may be refused if this information is not given.
- Performers & teachers may like to know that authors will now be directly reimbursed as a consequence of their works being performed at this Festival.
- Cups and trophies will be awarded to the best performance in classes where specified providing a mark of 84 or over has been gained. See note 9 of REGULATIONS regarding the return of Cups and Trophies.
- We would appreciate it if teachers would ensure that Own Choice material is suitable for a family festival.
To be confirmed
Speech and Drama Classes and Prices
To be confirmed