School Choirs Syllabus 2020
Section closed for online entries.
Section date: 3 March 2020
Section location: Charterhouse School
To enter using a paper entry form please contact section secretary
All Enquiries to Section Secretary:
Your Section Secretary can help you with any queries regarding your entry. To contact them please use the button below.
Our Adjudicator: Victoria Longdon
Victoria is a London-based conductor and arranger. She graduated with Distinction in Choral Conducting from the Royal Academy of Music in 2016 and now directs the Lea Singers of Harpenden, the Hanover Choir and the Hertfordshire County Youth Choir and is an assistant conductor for the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain and the Philharmonia Britannica.
Victoria’s professional choir, the Templar Scholars, have given recitals in venues such as St. John’s Smith Square, St. Martin In The Fields and Southwark Cathedral, and were invited to perform for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and President Xi Jinping of China during his state visit to the UK in 2015.
Victoria is currently a judge for Songs of Praise’s ‘Young Choir of the Year’ competition and she appeared as a judge on two series of the ‘The Choir’ with Gareth Malone. She writes articles on orchestral music and music history for ClassicFM and she is in demand as a workshop leader and adjudicator.
School Choir Classes and Prices
- All choirs and choruses are limited to a maximum of 45 voices.
- Competitors must be bona fide members of the choir with which they enter.
- Classes are up to and including the specified year group.
- Solo’s , when they occur , may be sung by any number of voices.
- Conductors may be professional or amateur.
- ALL classes are OWN CHOICE of 2 contrasting songs within the time limit.